Friday, November 25, 2011

Afghanageddon

It's finished!! The afghan I started for Alissa, one of my best friends, 3 months ago is finally finished!

Here it is in all of its (enormous) afghan-y glory!


It's eating my sofa.


Alissa chose the gorgeous colors and provided all the yarn. We started out with one skein of each color and just made a trip to Jo-Ann's every time we needed another. I have lost count of how many times we visited the store and have no clue how much it ultimately cost.

The pattern I used I got for free on Ravelry here.

The pattern calls for using a variegated yarn to make the stripes, but I just switched colors after three rows so Alissa could choose her colors and customize it.

I used a 5.0 mm (H) hook and aran weight yarn. Specifially Jo-Ann's Sensations Lusterous Lamb. It's a wool/ synthetic blend and was awesome to work with. 



So, this thing is huge. I mean huuuuuuge. 



Yo' afghan is so fat...


I worked on this nearly every day for three months. Most days for hours at a time. My hands ached. 

It started talking to me. Hypnotizing me.



Mesmerizing.

I started to think it might kill me. 

In order to save myself I forged on, despite the pain in my hands, exhaustion after hours of grueling crochet, and, you know, boredom from working on the same project for three months.

Last night I passed the behemoth on to its intended owner. I love her and will miss her when she succumbs to it.


Though, she did bring this upon herself.



Sweet, cuddly death.





No comments:

Post a Comment